..... .....Welcome to my blog.....I'm delighted to have you!.....Have a great day and come back often! .....

Saturday, March 7, 2009

Daylight Savings, Spring Forward

Tonight is the night to set our clocks ahead 1 hour (unless you are up at 2am tomorrow morning and want to do it then).
I never have quite figured out what daylight savings is all about as I think they do it backwards (i'd rather have daylight later in the day in the winter when the sun sets at 4:30/5 pm than in the summer when we have daylight until 10pm).
If this is a sign that spring is coming maybe someone should tell mother nature as I woke up to 5-6 inches of snow this morning. Luckily it is warm and melting off fast, but they say another storm is headed this way on monday.
So tomorrow morning the sun will rise an hour later, but also set an hour later...interesting how humans can even control the rise and set of the sun LOL!

5 comments:

templework said...

Were you as surprised to find it was tonight as I was??? LOL

jarca said...

yes i was, that's why i posted it LOL. if my son hadn't called last night and told me (which i argued with him at first) i would have missed it!

That Girl said...

YES! I VOTE FOR YOU! WHY DIDN'T ANYONE THINK OF THIS BEFORE!

My kids never want to go to bed when it's STILL LIGHT OUT.

Duh.

Ya think they'll let us vote on it?

jarca said...

LOL!

jarca said...

oops clicked and that last post posted before i was finished...my kids are grown now, but i can relate to the not going to bed when it's still light out, but they also woke up at the crack of dawn so either way as a mom we lose sleep LOL.