..... .....Welcome to my blog.....I'm delighted to have you!.....Have a great day and come back often! .....

Sunday, March 1, 2009

Dog parks, keeping our friends safe

on my board we have been discussing dog parks and my concern about a bunch of dogs running off leash together and the possibility of fights. i found this site that has a lot of good information and suggestions (rules) for owners that are going to use a dog park.
i still worry that it only takes one owner that has the attitude of " my pet wouldn't do anything wrong" (as some people with kids) that could cause a horrid situation.
luckily i live in the country and my dogs can run my acreage with each other and when i go places i'm a firm beleiver in leashes even for the best trained dog so i don't have to go to dog parks.
yes, i'm an over protective "mom"

Dog parks, keeping our friends safe

Posted using ShareThis

2 comments:

Megan said...

I've often wondered about the thought (or lack thereof) behind a park for animals who run in packs...

templework said...

The RULES are exact and absolutely what is needed
BUT
Like the news video I shared with you
(showing owners singing the praises of dog parks
while
they're dogs were shown in the background unattended and 'humping' each other for starters)
What a dog park SHOULD be
and
in reality what dogs parks really are
are two very different things!!!

Scary and disgusting!